What an INSPIRING start to our You Matter Marathon!
- By our estimation you have already shared 42,000 You Matter cards!
- We added our 51st country – the Virgin Islands
- We also gained more outstanding Ambassador organizations including Community Mediation Center of Calvert, Gentle Hearts Foundation, and Girl Scouts of Maine-Nonesuch Service Unit. Check out the rest here.
- Our global community now consists of 13,990 phenomenal people.
What You Can Do Now:
- Continue posting stories, photos and video on our YMM Facebook page.
- If you’re not on Facebook, you may want to join just for the pleasure of reading the heart-warming stories, like the ones below.
- Catch up on You Matter Marathon blog posts here.
Hungry for More Cards?
- Click here to order more You Matter cards from Vistaprint. Use discount code TV500 and print the card on Signature Glossy cardstock.
- For the purpose and duration of the You Matter Marathon please do not customize the card in any way – not even adding the YMM web page.
- Click here for a template of printable You Matter cards.
Just a Few ‘You Matter’ Moments:
“I bit the bullet this morning and gave a card to a long-time employee of the doggy daycare where I’ve been taking my beloved 14 year-old golden retriever for over 10 years. I told her I don’t tell her often enough how much I appreciate the love and kindness she has for my dog, who means the world to me. My voice was shaky and I stumbled over a few words, but she gave me a big hug, we both started to cry, and she said it made her day. That was worth any feelings of nervousness or awkwardness!”
– Kristen Johnson-Elder
“This is my experience so far: they are taken, and read. The facial expression changes. An expression of thanks is voiced. They are clutched to the heart. ‘I wish I had had one to give to…’ Or ‘this is what the world needs more of…’ Or ‘such a little thing but I love it so much.’”
– Melissa Goff Regan
“Clearly unable to do 1 per day – my 3 year old gave one to her sitter. My 7 year old gave them to her current teacher, last year’s teacher, and her violin teacher. We stopped and gave one to a local police officer. Everyone was so happy. The officer said it made his whole day and gave the girls junior police badges— and brought his dog out to see them!”
– Caitlin Domanico
Hold the Date:
We will have 3 online You Matter Marathon Celebration calls on December 5. One at 7:00 a.m. EST, one at 2:00 p.m. EST, and one at 9:00 p.m. EST to accommodate our global community. More details to follow.
Thanks to all of you for taking the open-hearted, brave first steps on this amazing journey. Onward…