~Lucy Maud Montgomery
Anne of Green Gables
Week 3 of the You Matter Marathon and the momentum and magic are magnificent!
- By our estimation we have shared at least 238,000 You Matter cards!
- We thank our Ambassador organizations including Acton Boxborough High School, Innovative Mental Health and Pain Care, LLC, and The Housewives of Tattie County. Check out the rest here.
- We also added 2 more countries: Guatemala and Mauritius to bring our total to 56.
- Our global community now consists of 14,365 YuMMies.
Some Recent ‘You Matter’ Moments:
“Today I stopped at Caribou and the line was super long. The gal taking the orders remained super cheerful and positive. I loved giving her a card and saying Thank you. It gave her a few seconds to pause and we were able to make eye contact and really see each other. It just makes my day so much better to really connect with people on a deeper level.”
~Brenda Lee Nelson
“I gave 3 cards to our local school (road) crossing guards, or as known here in Australia, lollipop man/lady. They are there every school day and volunteer their time. All 3 were very surprised and grateful! They even stopped the traffic for me to cross back over the road to my car.”
“A friend at the gym became ill. Not sure just what it was, but I could see that he was going down hill quickly. Last time I saw him he looked like a wounded, fading ghost. I knew where he parked, so I put a You Matter card under his windshield wiper. Two days later he died. But I hope he died with the memory that someone told him he mattered. Today when I went to the gym I parked in the space where he used to park. I stayed there for 30 minutes, thinking of him, thinking of life, thinking of how he might have felt when he saw the card.”
Hungry for More Cards?
- Click here to order more You Matter cards from Vistaprint. Use discount code THANKS20 and print the card on Signature Glossy cardstock.
- For the purpose and duration of the You Matter Marathon please do not customize the card in any way – not even adding the YMM web page.
- Click here for a template of printable You Matter cards.
In Case You Missed It:
We now have a way for those who receive a You Matter card, and for anyone involved in the YMM, to share their experience even if they aren’t on Facebook. Just click here and you’ll be taken to our You Matter Marathon Guest Book. The link is also at the top of the YMM home page.
What You Can Do Now:
- Continue posting stories, photos and video on our YMM Facebook page or in our YMM Guest Book. The best part of my day is reading your stories and seeing your pictures.
- Invite those who receive a You Matter card to share their experience in our YMM Guest Book.
Hold the Date:
We will have You Matter Marathon Celebration calls on December 5. You can choose from one of three times to accommodate our global community. Calls will be at 7:00 a.m. EST, 2:00 p.m. EST, and 9:00 p.m. EST and last no more than an hour.
Thanks to all of you for continuing to spread the You Matter magic.