~Angela Chase (Claire Danes), My So-Called Life
Week 2 of our You Matter Marathon has us going STRONG!
- By our estimation we have shared at least 130,000 You Matter cards!
- We thank our Ambassador organizations including Del Norte High School, The Church of Scotland, and the Skyline Yellow Ribbon Club. Check out the rest here.
- We also added 3 more countries: Austria, Lithuania, and Nigeria to bring our total to 54.
- Our global community now consists of 14,267 spectacular people.
New & Exciting:
We now have a way for those who receive a You Matter card, and for anyone involved in the YMM, to share their experience even if they aren’t on Facebook. Just click here and you’ll be taken to our You Matter Marathon Guest Book. The link is also at the top of the YMM home page.
What You Can Do Now:
- Continue posting stories, photos and video on our YMM Facebook page or in our YMM Guest Book. The best part of my day is reading your stories and seeing your pictures.
- Invite those who receive a You Matter card to share their experience in our YMM Guest Book.
- Catch up on You Matter Marathon blog posts here.
Hungry for More Cards?
- Click here to order more You Matter cards from Vistaprint. Use discount code TV500 and print the card on Signature Glossy cardstock.
- For the purpose and duration of the You Matter Marathon please do not customize the card in any way – not even adding the YMM web page.
- Click here for a template of printable You Matter cards.
Some Recent ‘You Matter’ Moments:
“We had an early morning appliance delivery today. Gave tip and You Matter card with Spanish translation on it as the delivery man was Spanish speaking. He held the card high and not the tip and said ‘thank you so much for this’, obviously You Matter card mattered him more than the tip and with his lightened face I could tell it really made him very happy.”
“Having the You Matter cards, ready to hand out, has caused me to look at people differently. It is hard for me to approach strangers, so this is an opportunity for growth. I try to find people with whom I can have a meaningful interaction. Consequently, I am really looking at people. I find myself smiling at them because I am really looking at them….This is making me a much more connected human being.”
“Participating in the You Matter Marathon with my son has been so wonderful. I am loving watching him overcome his shyness to gives cards to a stranger on “his days”. He has really been struggling with self-love, confidence, feeling worthy himself and for him to see how one act can change a moment for someone has been a great lesson. I’m grateful to have an activity that shows him he matters, his actions matter.”
Hold the Date:
We will have an online You Matter Marathon Celebration call on December 5. You can choose from one of three times to accommodate our global community. Online calls will be at 7:00 a.m., EST, 2:00 p.m. EST, and 9:00 p.m. EST and last no more than an hour.
Thanks to all of you for continuing to spread the You Matter magic.